Thursday, October 22, 2015

BOOK NEWS!!!!

Sitting here, writing this, I’m feeling so humbled. It’s been five years and five manuscripts since I decided to pursue writing as my career, and I am so thrilled to share that my YA debut, THE WOOD, will be published by Feiwel and Friends in Spring 2017!


THE WOOD is definitely the book of my heart. I wrote it during a very difficult time in my life, and thus there is darkness in its pages, but also a lot of hope.  And because I’m the kid who always fast forwarded through movies to get to the kissing scenes, there’s also a lot of romance, too.

One of the main reasons I became a writer (aside from the excuse to live in other worlds all day) is because books have a way of helping people. Whether you’ve had a long day, or you’re going through something really tough, or you just really love books, being able to escape into another world by way of paper and ink is its own special brand of magic. I hope all of you amazing readers out there will find such an escape in my book, and hopefully some lifelong friends, too.

I’m planning on writing a more in-depth “Road to Publication” post detailing my journey over the past five years, but for now, I just want to say thank you. Thank you to my incredible agent, Andrea Somberg, who is the greatest cheerleader-warrior-agent a girl could ask for. Thank you to my editor, Anna Roberto, for believing in my little book. I cannot wait to work with you and see just how amazing it can be! Thank you to my CPs, Lori Goldstein, N.K. Traver, Naomi Hughes, and May Robertson, for all of the encouraging emails and for always bringing out the best in my work. Thank you to my husband (my best friend, my soulmate) for never letting me give up. And thank you to the entire book community—authors, readers, publishers, agents, booksellers, bloggers, reviewers, teachers, librarians—for being the amazing people you are. It is because of all of you that the magic of books lives, and for that, I am eternally grateful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment